High Representative/ Vice-President Federica Mogherini met today with UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi.
The HRVP confirmed the strong partnership between UNHCR and the European Union, and praised the excellent ongoing cooperation.
The HRVP and the High Commissioner discussed the situation of refugees and migrants, including in the Middle East, Turkey, Libya, Afghanistan and in Africa. The HRVP recognised UNHCR’s significant work in providing aid and humanitarian assistance to refugees.
The HRVP also updated the High Commissioner on the latest EU work to support refugees and manage migration, including the new Migration Partnership Framework and the upcoming External Investment Plan.
The meeting took place ahead of the UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants, to be held on 19 September in New York in the margins of the 71st UN General Assembly. The HRVP stressed the crucial role UNHCR has to play in the follow-up process and confirmed the European Union’s support and engagement to this end.
Spokespersons’ Service – Contacts
CHP President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was born in Nazimiye District of Tunceli Province in 1948. He continued his primary and secondary education in various places like Erciş, Tunceli, Genç and Elazığ. He studied economics at Ankara University in Ankara, from which he graduated in 1971.
After university, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu entered the Ministry of Finance as deputy accountant. He was later promoted to accountant and sent to France for additional professional training. In 1983, he was appointed deputy director general of Revenue Administration attached to the same ministry. In 1991, Kılıçdaroğlu became director general of the social security administration, Bağ-Kur. The following year he was appointed director general of the other social security administration, SSK. Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was named in 1994 "Civil Servant of the Year" by the weekly periodical "Ekonomik Trend”. Before retiring in 1999, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu had served for a while as the deputy undersecretary in Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
He taught in Hacettepe University for a short period. He chaired the ad-hoc committe of informal economy, established during the preperatory works for Turkey’s 8th five–year Economic Development Plan. He was one of the Board Members of Turkish Is Bank.
Following the 2002 general elections, he entered Parliament as member of parliament from Istanbul. He was re-elected to parliament in 2007. He became the deputy speaker of his party's parliamentary group. Kılıçdaroğlu was elected as Chairman of Republican People’s Party at the Party’s Congress in Istanbul on May 22nd.
- Türkiye, dünya hukuk endeksinde 99. sıraya düştü chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/08/19/tur… 1 hour ago
- Merkel’den Erdoğan’a yanıt: Müdahaleye müsamaha yok chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/08/19/mer… 9 hours ago
- Türkiye İran ilişkilerinde yeni bir sayfa mı@açılıyor? chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/08/18/tur… 18 hours ago
- Erdoğan: “Türkiye’ye düşman” olan partilere oy vermeyin chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/08/18/erd… 19 hours ago
- Özdemir: Ne askeri darbe girişimini destekledik ne de şu andaki sivil darbeyi destekliyoruz chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/08/17/ozd… 1 day ago
- Diskusné fórum Európskeho parlamentu bolo o nezamestnanosti mladých November 15, 2013
- Independence of judiciary must prevail in Slovenia November 14, 2013
- Europawahl 2014 November 14, 2013
- Martin Schulz, PES Common Candidate designate coordinates with PES Social Ministers ahead of Paris Youth employment conference November 12, 2013
- Nicolas Schmit à la conférence européenne sur l’emploi des jeunes à Paris November 12, 2013
CHP Representative Ms Kader Sevinc’s blog in English
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Content by dates
Recent Bulletins @ CHP Brussels
- European Defence Action Plan: Towards a European Defence Fund December 1, 2016
- Commemoration message – one year into the killing of lawyer and human rights defender Tahir Elçi, former President of the Diyarbakır Bar Association November 28, 2016
- Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on Cyprus talks November 28, 2016
- Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women November 25, 2016
- Joint Statement on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2016 November 25, 2016