Bruxelles, 12/10/2016 – 22:10 – UNIQUE ID: 161012_7
High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini holds a number of phone-calls on Syria, to restore a political process and humanitarian aid delivery
In view of the continued escalation of the conflict in Syria, Federica Mogherini, High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission, held a round of telephone conversations today and yesterday with the main international and regional actors. She spoke to the United Nations’ Special Envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, the US Secretary of State, John Kerry, the Foreign Ministers of Russia, Sergey Lavrov, of Saudi Arabia, Adel al-Jubeir, of Iran, Javad Zarif, and of Turkey, Mevlut Çavusoglu.
The High Representative discussed with her interlocutors the need to restore a political process involving key international and regional players, and the ways in which the European Union could facilitate and support this perspective, in coordination with the United Nations. She also discussed the humanitarian initiative launched by the EU to deliver emergency relief to Eastern Aleppo and other besieged areas in Syria and to allow the evacuation of urgent medical cases.
The situation in Syria, and the European Union’s work on the humanitarian and on the political track will feature as a major point on the agenda of the Foreign Affairs Council taking place in Luxembourg on Monday, 17 October.
CHP President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was born in Nazimiye District of Tunceli Province in 1948. He continued his primary and secondary education in various places like Erciş, Tunceli, Genç and Elazığ. He studied economics at Ankara University in Ankara, from which he graduated in 1971.
After university, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu entered the Ministry of Finance as deputy accountant. He was later promoted to accountant and sent to France for additional professional training. In 1983, he was appointed deputy director general of Revenue Administration attached to the same ministry. In 1991, Kılıçdaroğlu became director general of the social security administration, Bağ-Kur. The following year he was appointed director general of the other social security administration, SSK. Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was named in 1994 "Civil Servant of the Year" by the weekly periodical "Ekonomik Trend”. Before retiring in 1999, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu had served for a while as the deputy undersecretary in Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
He taught in Hacettepe University for a short period. He chaired the ad-hoc committe of informal economy, established during the preperatory works for Turkey’s 8th five–year Economic Development Plan. He was one of the Board Members of Turkish Is Bank.
Following the 2002 general elections, he entered Parliament as member of parliament from Istanbul. He was re-elected to parliament in 2007. He became the deputy speaker of his party's parliamentary group. Kılıçdaroğlu was elected as Chairman of Republican People’s Party at the Party’s Congress in Istanbul on May 22nd.
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding chpbxl.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/mer… 15 hours ago
- Journalists’ detentions, prosecutions in Turkey ‘arbitrary,’ Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Righ ts says chpbxl.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/jou… 17 hours ago
- Türkiye’nin Avrupa’daki itibarı neden kötüye gitti? @Kader_Sevinc anlatıyor reelpiyasalar.com/Yazar/kader-se… 18 hours ago
- Women from CHP Show Red Card to Law Draft on Muftis chpbxl.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/wom… 19 hours ago
- Venedik Komisyonu’ndan Türkiye’ye kayyum ve KHK uyarısı avrupabirligihaberleri.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/ven… 19 hours ago
- Diskusné fórum Európskeho parlamentu bolo o nezamestnanosti mladých November 15, 2013
- Independence of judiciary must prevail in Slovenia November 14, 2013
- Europawahl 2014 November 14, 2013
- Martin Schulz, PES Common Candidate designate coordinates with PES Social Ministers ahead of Paris Youth employment conference November 12, 2013
- Nicolas Schmit à la conférence européenne sur l’emploi des jeunes à Paris November 12, 2013
CHP Representative Ms Kader Sevinc’s blog in English
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Content by dates
Recent Bulletins @ CHP Brussels
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding October 20, 2017
- Journalists’ detentions, prosecutions in Turkey ‘arbitrary,’ Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Righ ts says October 20, 2017
- Women from CHP Show Red Card to Law Draft on Muftis October 20, 2017
- Turkey must introduce EU standards on its own: CHP leader October 19, 2017
- What to do about Turkey? October 19, 2017