Turkey, together with other EU candidate countries Albania, Montenegro and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, have joined the European Alliance for Apprenticeships (EAfA), with Serbia set to follow.
Managed by the European Commission, in close cooperation with EU social partners, the European Alliance involves a wide-range of stakeholders working together to strengthen the quality, supply, image and mobility of apprenticeships.
The latest members got together at a regional seminar in Kayseri, Turkey, on 29-30 September 2016, organised by the EAfA in collaboration with DG Employment and the European Training Foundation.
Members from the EU Delegation to Turkey, the Turkish Confederation of Employers’ Associations (TISK), the Ministry for EU Affairs and the Ministry of National Education, were among the participants.
The European Commission stressed the importance of apprenticeships and the EAfA in the context of the New Skills Agenda for Europe. Candidate countries shared key challenges and developments, discovered good practice examples from Europe and developed action plans to move forward.
Participants also made site visits to textile and furniture businesses, a vocational education and training school, and the Erciyes Technopark Regional Innovation Centre, which is about to join the European Alliance. Turkey will continue to engage with and encourage other stakeholders, particularly companies, to join the European Alliance.
CHP President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was born in Nazimiye District of Tunceli Province in 1948. He continued his primary and secondary education in various places like Erciş, Tunceli, Genç and Elazığ. He studied economics at Ankara University in Ankara, from which he graduated in 1971.
After university, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu entered the Ministry of Finance as deputy accountant. He was later promoted to accountant and sent to France for additional professional training. In 1983, he was appointed deputy director general of Revenue Administration attached to the same ministry. In 1991, Kılıçdaroğlu became director general of the social security administration, Bağ-Kur. The following year he was appointed director general of the other social security administration, SSK. Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was named in 1994 "Civil Servant of the Year" by the weekly periodical "Ekonomik Trend”. Before retiring in 1999, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu had served for a while as the deputy undersecretary in Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
He taught in Hacettepe University for a short period. He chaired the ad-hoc committe of informal economy, established during the preperatory works for Turkey’s 8th five–year Economic Development Plan. He was one of the Board Members of Turkish Is Bank.
Following the 2002 general elections, he entered Parliament as member of parliament from Istanbul. He was re-elected to parliament in 2007. He became the deputy speaker of his party's parliamentary group. Kılıçdaroğlu was elected as Chairman of Republican People’s Party at the Party’s Congress in Istanbul on May 22nd.
- Almanya’daki seçim sonuçları Avrupa Birliği’ni nasıl şekillendirecek ? chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/alm… 8 hours ago
- Almanya’daki seçim sonuçları Avrupa Birliği’ni nasıl şekillendirecek ? chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/alm… 9 hours ago
- İngiltere’de Brexit karşıtı@protesto chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/ing… 12 hours ago
- İngiltere’de Brexit karşıtı@protesto chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/ing… 13 hours ago
- Bozdağ: Referandum Türkiye’nin milliği güvenliğine doğrudan tehdit chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/23/boz… 2 days ago
- Diskusné fórum Európskeho parlamentu bolo o nezamestnanosti mladých November 15, 2013
- Independence of judiciary must prevail in Slovenia November 14, 2013
- Europawahl 2014 November 14, 2013
- Martin Schulz, PES Common Candidate designate coordinates with PES Social Ministers ahead of Paris Youth employment conference November 12, 2013
- Nicolas Schmit à la conférence européenne sur l’emploi des jeunes à Paris November 12, 2013
CHP Representative Ms Kader Sevinc’s blog in English
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Content by dates
Recent Bulletins @ CHP Brussels
- European Defence Action Plan: Towards a European Defence Fund December 1, 2016
- Commemoration message – one year into the killing of lawyer and human rights defender Tahir Elçi, former President of the Diyarbakır Bar Association November 28, 2016
- Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on Cyprus talks November 28, 2016
- Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women November 25, 2016
- Joint Statement on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2016 November 25, 2016