The kick-start of a European Union co-funded project of € 2,4 million supporting youth employment through entrepreneurship was celebrated on 25 October 2016 in Ankara attended by the Secretary-General of Ankara Development Agency Mr. Arif Şayık and Counsellor- Head of Economic and Social Development Section of the EU Delegation Mr. François Begeot.
The "Growing and Prospering the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Ankara to Increase Youth Employment" project implemented by Ankara Development Agency has the objective to improve the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ankara targeting existing and potential young entrepreneurs aged between 18 and 31. Under the project entrepreneurship training and services provided to young people will be improved. Senior mentors will be selected and guided to provide tailor-made mentoring to young entrepreneurs. At least 500 university students will receive practical entrepreneurship training. A technology commercialisation programme will be put in place. Ankara Entrepreneurship Development Centre to be operated by the Ankara Development Agency will be established, furnished through EU funds, which will be reference centre for entrepreneurial activities of the region.
The Europe 2020 strategy recognises entrepreneurship and self-employment as key for achieving smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. In its support to entrepreneurship and self-employment, the European Union focuses its efforts on business start-ups by unemployed and people from vulnerable groups, support for social entrepreneurs and microfinance. This project is fully in line with EU’s and Turkey’s priorities, both put young people at the heart of employment policies.
On the occasion of the event François Begeot said: "Given all the global and regional challenges that we are facing youth employment continues to be a burning issue of the labour markets. Many young people today face difficulties to make the transition from education to work. Youth entrepreneurship is an excellent tool for boosting youth employment and is essential for growth and competitiveness. I congratulate Ankara Development Agency for their ambition to scale up entrepreneurship in this dynamic region."
For more information please visit:
CHP President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was born in Nazimiye District of Tunceli Province in 1948. He continued his primary and secondary education in various places like Erciş, Tunceli, Genç and Elazığ. He studied economics at Ankara University in Ankara, from which he graduated in 1971.
After university, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu entered the Ministry of Finance as deputy accountant. He was later promoted to accountant and sent to France for additional professional training. In 1983, he was appointed deputy director general of Revenue Administration attached to the same ministry. In 1991, Kılıçdaroğlu became director general of the social security administration, Bağ-Kur. The following year he was appointed director general of the other social security administration, SSK. Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu was named in 1994 "Civil Servant of the Year" by the weekly periodical "Ekonomik Trend”. Before retiring in 1999, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu had served for a while as the deputy undersecretary in Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
He taught in Hacettepe University for a short period. He chaired the ad-hoc committe of informal economy, established during the preperatory works for Turkey’s 8th five–year Economic Development Plan. He was one of the Board Members of Turkish Is Bank.
Following the 2002 general elections, he entered Parliament as member of parliament from Istanbul. He was re-elected to parliament in 2007. He became the deputy speaker of his party's parliamentary group. Kılıçdaroğlu was elected as Chairman of Republican People’s Party at the Party’s Congress in Istanbul on May 22nd.
- Almanya’daki seçim sonuçları Avrupa Birliği’ni nasıl şekillendirecek ? chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/alm… 8 hours ago
- Almanya’daki seçim sonuçları Avrupa Birliği’ni nasıl şekillendirecek ? chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/alm… 9 hours ago
- İngiltere’de Brexit karşıtı@protesto chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/ing… 12 hours ago
- İngiltere’de Brexit karşıtı@protesto chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/25/ing… 13 hours ago
- Bozdağ: Referandum Türkiye’nin milliği güvenliğine doğrudan tehdit chp-avrupabirligi.org/2017/09/23/boz… 2 days ago
- Diskusné fórum Európskeho parlamentu bolo o nezamestnanosti mladých November 15, 2013
- Independence of judiciary must prevail in Slovenia November 14, 2013
- Europawahl 2014 November 14, 2013
- Martin Schulz, PES Common Candidate designate coordinates with PES Social Ministers ahead of Paris Youth employment conference November 12, 2013
- Nicolas Schmit à la conférence européenne sur l’emploi des jeunes à Paris November 12, 2013
CHP Representative Ms Kader Sevinc’s blog in English
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Content by dates
Recent Bulletins @ CHP Brussels
- European Defence Action Plan: Towards a European Defence Fund December 1, 2016
- Commemoration message – one year into the killing of lawyer and human rights defender Tahir Elçi, former President of the Diyarbakır Bar Association November 28, 2016
- Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on Cyprus talks November 28, 2016
- Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women November 25, 2016
- Joint Statement on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2016 November 25, 2016